The well being of our student-athletes, campus communities, followers and common public is an ongoing precedence of the Southeastern Convention and its member establishments.
The SEC continues to observe COVID-19 and is in common communications with member establishments and public well being officers associated to the unfold of the illness.
SEC student-athletes who elect to not take part in intercollegiate athletics throughout the fall 2020 educational semester due to well being and/or security issues associated to COVID-19 will proceed to have their scholarships honored by their college and can stay in good standing with their crew.
The SEC’s Return to Exercise and Medical Steerage Process Power has established COVID-19 administration necessities for every SEC sport:
- SEC COMPETITION CANCELLED: All SEC common season convention and non-conference competitions starting Thursday, March 12 had been cancelled for the rest of the 2019-20 athletic yr, together with all remaining SEC championship occasions, attributable to developments associated to COVID-19. As well as, all spring soccer video games had been cancelled and no professional days had been performed by SEC establishments.
- ACTIVITIES SUSPENDED: Different athletics actions, together with crew and particular person practices, conferences and different organized gatherings, whether or not voluntary or required, had been suspended by way of June 7.
- RESUMPTION OF ATHLETICS ACTIVITIES: Voluntary in-person athletics actions had been permitted to renew on SEC campuses, on the discretion of every college, starting June 8. Throughout the month of June, NCAA laws allowed solely power and conditioning personnel to oversee voluntary on-campus athletics actions. In keeping with NCAA laws, organized practices and different required bodily actions remained prohibited in all sports activities. SEC establishments are permitted to have interaction in required and voluntary exercise according to NCAA laws.
- PROHIBITION OF CAMPS AND CLINICS: Convention establishments are prohibited from internet hosting, conducting, or taking part in all in-person camps and coaches’ clinics by way of August 31.
- POSTPONEMENT OF VOLLEYBALL, SOCCER, CROSS-COUNTRY SEASONS: The beginning of volleyball, soccer and cross-country competitors has been postponed by way of no less than August 31, together with all exhibition and non-conference competitors.
- NEW START ESTABLISHED FOR FOOTBALL SEASON: The SEC on July 30 established September 26 as the brand new kickoff for its 2020 soccer season to permit its universities to concentrate on the wholesome return of their campus communities and the gradual re-introduction of athletics. The 2020 SEC soccer season shall be comprised of a 10-game Convention-only schedule and the SEC Soccer Championship Sport shall be performed December 19 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, rescheduled from the unique date of December 5.
- ADJUSTED PRESEASON FOOTBALL DATES: The SEC introduced on August 4 adjusted dates for preseason soccer actions for SEC colleges with the primary allowable follow now scheduled for August 17. The brand new calendar offers student-athletes with extra days off than required by the NCAA and fewer practices than permitted by present NCAA guidelines.
- MEDICAL TASK FORCE REPORT: The SEC introduced on August 7 its preliminary COVID-19 administration necessities for the autumn athletics season as advisable by the SEC’s Return to Exercise and Medical Steerage Process Power. The total SEC Return to Exercise and Medical Steerage Process Power Necessities for COVID-19 Administration of Fall Sports activities may be discovered right here.
- 2020 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE: The SEC introduced on August 17 its revised 10-game, Convention-only schedule.
- FOOTBALL FAN GUIDELINES: The SEC introduced on August 18 pointers for its 14 member colleges to ascertain expectations to handle the well being and security of followers in preparation for the 2020 soccer season, pending future choices associated to the allowance of followers to attend video games because the Convention continues to observe developments across the COVID-19 virus.
- EXPANDED CARDIAC EVALUATIONS: The SEC on August 21 clarified and expanded its beforehand introduced COVID-19 administration necessities for the autumn athletics season. The SEC’s Return to Exercise and Medical Steerage Process Power has now specified the cardiac analysis outlined in its authentic report would mandate a troponin degree, electrocardiogram, echocardiogram and a medical analysis by a doctor. The SEC additionally confirmed a 3rd speedy diagnostic check shall be carried out every week near competitors for sports activities with a excessive threat of shut contact.
- NEW START DATES ESTABLISHED FOR VOLLEYBALL, SOCCER, CROSS-COUNTRY: The SEC on August 27 established new begin dates and codecs for the SEC cross nation, soccer and volleyball seasons in addition to the autumn golf and tennis seasons.
- GAME OPERATIONS GUIDELINES: The SEC on August 28 introduced plenty of extra recreation operations pointers for its 14 member colleges, following up on its preliminary medical protocols and fan pointers introduced earlier in August. The announcement addressed points associated to important on-field personnel, ticketing, on-field performances, disinfection and media operations.
- NEW START DATES FOR SWIMMING & EQUESTRIAN: The SEC on September 14 established new begin dates and codecs for the SEC males’s and girls’s swimming & diving and equestrian seasons.
- FOOTBALL COVID INTERRUPTION POLICIES: The SEC on September 18 introduced insurance policies and parameters for soccer recreation cancellations, rescheduling of video games and no-contest declarations for the 2020 season.
- CONTACT TRACING DEVICES: The SEC on September 22 introduced it’s offering cutting-edge wearable proximity gadgets, produced by international know-how chief KINEXON, to its 14 member establishments to boost COVID-19 contact tracing efforts throughout the 2020 soccer season. KINEXON SafeZone know-how contains light-weight, wearable gadgets, referred to as SafeTags, which shall be used conference-wide for soccer student-athletes at crew services, throughout practices and video games.
- THIRD-PARTY TESTING PROVIDER: The SEC on September 23 introduced it has chosen PAE to supply COVID-19 testing companies for in-season fall sports activities at every of the 14 SEC campuses. The Convention and PAE have been working collectively since mid-August to implement testing protocols for fall sports activities. Teaming with Premier Medical Group, PAE deployed check groups to every campus earlier in September to start testing and all associated logistics for SEC sports activities.
- NEW START DATES FOR BASKETBALL: The SEC on September 25 introduced it has established Dec. 29 and 30 as the brand new begin dates for its 2020-21 males’s basketball convention schedule whereas the ladies’s basketball begin date will stay Dec. 31, 2020 as beforehand scheduled. The boys’s basketball convention schedule shall be comprised of 20 play dates that will accommodate an 18-game schedule with two open dates. The ladies’s basketball convention schedule -remains at 18 play dates that can match a 16-game league schedule.
- MEDICAL TASK FORCE REPORT (Spring Sports activities): The SEC introduced on January 13 its preliminary COVID-19 administration necessities for the spring athletics season as advisable by the SEC’s Return to Exercise and Medical Steerage Process Power. The total SEC Return to Exercise and Medical Steerage Process Power Necessities for COVID-19 Administration of Spring Sports activities may be discovered right here.
SEC member establishments will proceed to supply their student-athletes with care and help to satisfy wants in areas together with teachers, medical care, psychological well being and wellness, vitamin and housing as wanted.
The SEC encourages using the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention web site (www.cdc.gov) as a supply of data for recommendation on preventive motion and updates on the illness, and to hunt medical recommendation from certified medical professionals when essential and acceptable.
Beneath are hyperlinks to SEC institutional web sites, the NCAA and nationwide well being organizations which have the most recent info on the coronavirus.
Nationwide Group Web sites